Knowledge Base Articles
Simulation Crashing (Reset)
This article will describe the 3 different ways you can reset your Simulation if the software starts crashing when you open the Simulation or if Simulation is not opening at all.
Reset the GUI Setting Files (Delete them and restart BobCAD-CAM)
1. Close BobCAD, Open a File Explorer
2. Navigate to the following folder here: C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V(version number).
3. Delete gui_settings.ini and mwverifiergui.ini.
Open BobCAD and try again
Use the UI Reset Tool
1. Use the UI Reset tool that can be downloaded HERE
2. Close BobCAD
3. Open "UI Reset Tool.exe"
4. Select "Simulation" from the drop-down box and click the reset button. (If Simulation option is not available select the version of BobCAD you are using.)
Reload BobCAD and try again.
Reset the Reg Keys for BobCAD-CAM and ModuleWorks (MW)
1. Close BobCAD
2. Open “Registry Editor” on your computer
3. Navigate here with the arrows ">" to the left of the text: HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> Software --> BobCAD-CAM
4. Click directly on "BobCAD V(version number)" to highlight it
5. Press the delete button on your keyboard. Say "Yes" when asked if you are sure.
6. Navigate here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> Software and click directly on the text that says "MW" . Delete this entire folder.
Reopen BobCAD and try again
If you need further assistance, please contact our support team at (727) 489 – 0003 or [email protected]