Knowledge Base Articles
- What's New V34
- Getting Setup
- Quick Tips & Tricks
- The BobCAD Basics
- Advanced Topics
- Computer Issues
- NC Editor
- Post Processor
- Our Forum
- BobCAD-CAM V33
- BobCAD-CAM V32
NC Editor Not Opening (Fix)
If your NC Editor is not opening inside of the software, there are 2 main reasons for this.
1. NC Editor was not installed with the software
This can happen because the software was orginally in demo mode or the files for BobCAD were manually transferred to another computer, but the NC Editor files were not.
2. The Reg Keys for NC Editor are not in the "Registry Editor" on your computer.
Please follow the steps below to assist in both cases:
CASE 1: NC Editor was not installed with the software
To find out if this is the case, open a "File Explorer" on your computer and navigate the folder: C:\Program Files\NCEditor V1 . If you do not see a folder for NCEditor V1 or this folder is empty, the software is not installed.
1. If this is the case, navigate to the Support Site and redownload the version you are currently using: https://bobcadsupport.com/technical-support/software-updates/ .
2. Reinstall the software. (If prompted, choose the "Repair" option when running through the install wizard.)
This should install the software for NC Editor as well and should now be able to open it inside the software. If you do have all files in that folder, go through steps below.
CASE 2: The Reg Keys for NC Editor are not in the "Registry Editor" on your computer.
I have created a download link that contains the Reg Keys for NC Editor: HERE
Just follow the steps below to install them onto the computer:
1. Download the file in the link above. (The file should be called, "NC Editor Reg Keys.reg")
2. Open a "Registry Editor" on your computer
3. Go to File > Import and import the .reg file.
Try these steps out and try reopening NC Editor after completion.
If you need further assistance, please contact our support team at (727) 489 – 0003 or [email protected]