Knowledge Base Articles
Restore Any BobCAD Library (Missing / Empty Library)
If one of the 5 BobCAD Libraries (Tool Library, Mill Tool Holder Library, Adapter Library, Thread Library or Material Library), is empty (missing data) when you open it, please follow the steps below to restore the default library back into the software.
Note: It is recommended that you save a backup of these libraries once you modify them inside the software to ensure that you have a copy. Once the library is modified, close down the software and copy and paste each library from the technology folder below into a backup drive.
BobCAD Library Location: C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V(Version #)\Technology
BobCAD Library File Names:
Tool Library: ToolFile.mtools (& ToolFile.xml if there is one)
Material Library: MaterialDB.xml
Thread Library: TappingTable.xml
Mill Tool Holder Library: HolderFile.mholders
Adapter Library: AdapterFile.adapters
Restore Default BobCAD Library:
1. CLOSE DOWN BobCAD if it is opened
2. Open a "File Explorer" on your computer and Navigate to the Technology folder above
3. Delete the Library that is empty based on the BobCAD Library File Names above
4. Download and Install the latest build of the software here: https://bobcadsupport.com/technical-support/software-updates/
5. Reopen the software and you should now see the default library items when opened
The installation wizard will reinstall a default version of your empty library. It is important that you delete the library (Step 3) first from that folder in order for this to work. Otherwise, the installation will skip over the library files because it still sees them in the folder.
If you need further assistance, please contact our support team at (727) 489 – 0003 or [email protected]