Knowledge Base Articles
- What's New V34
- Getting Setup
- Quick Tips & Tricks
- The BobCAD Basics
- Advanced Topics
- Computer Issues
- NC Editor
- Post Processor
- Our Forum
- BobCAD-CAM V33
- BobCAD-CAM V32
Repair Software and Complete Uninstall / Reinstall
If you are having issues with the software not functioning properly, it is recommended to run a "Repair" on the software. If that does not resolve the issue, please do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the software to get a fresh build. Follow the steps below to do this:
Repair the Software:
1. Close down BobCAD
2. Download the latest build of the software here: https://bobcadsupport.com/technical-support/software-updates/
3. Open the .exe file that you downloaded and run through the installation wizard.
4. If it prompts to "Repair" the software, please choose that option. If not, continue through the installation wizard and install the latest build.
5. Reopen the software and try again
Complete Uninstall / Reinstall:
If the Repair did not work, please follow these steps and do a complete uninstall / reinstall.
1. Open BobCAD and go to File > Help > Transfer License to deauthorize the license (For V30 and Under, go to Help > Transfer License)
2. Close BobCAD
3. To keep any existing libraries or post processors, Copy and Paste the entire BobCAD-CAM Data folder for your version to a different location.
(The Data folder will be located on the C drive if you installed it using default settings, eg. C:\BobCAD-CAM Data)
The Machine and Posts are located here:
Post Processor file - C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V(Version #)\Posts
Machine Folder (Virtual Machine in BobCAD) - C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V(Version #)\MachSim
The Libraries are located here:
C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V(Version #)\Technology
Library names are as follows:
Tool Library: ToolFile.mtools (& ToolFile.xml if there is one)
Material Library: MaterialDB.xml
Thread Library: TappingTable.xml
Mill Tool Holder Library: HolderFile.mholders
Adapter Library: AdapterFile.adapters
Note: This step is important if you DO NOT want to lose any previous data inside of BobCAD.
4. Open the "Control Panel", navigate to "Uninstall a Program" and Uninstall BobCAD.
5. Download and install the latest build of the software here: https://bobcadsupport.com/technical-support/software-updates/
6. Once installed, place all files needed back into the same C:\BobCAD-CAM Data folder location and replace them.
7. Open BobCAD and use the same License ID and Password to re-register the software.
This is the process of uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh build of the software. This should fix most issues with the software not working properly. Please try this out and let me know if you have any further questions about this process.
If you need further assistance, please contact our support team at (727) 489 – 0003 or [email protected]