Knowledge Base Articles
Transfer Machine & Post Processor to New Software Version / Computer
If you have a previous version of the software and want to use an existing Machine / Post Processor in the new software, you can transfer these files to the new software. You can also use this same process when trying to move your software to a new computer.
1. Close the old and new version of BobCAD-CAM
2. Open a “File Explorer” on your computer
3. There are two things you need to grab from the older version's BobCAD-CAM Data folder:
The Machine Folder located here: C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V33\MachSim
The Post Processor files here: C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V33\Posts\Mill
4. Copy that Post Processor file(s) and the Machine folder and paste them into the same file location, but for the new version
The Machine Folder located here: C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V34\MachSim
The Post Processor files here: C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V34\Posts\Mill
5. Open the new version of BobCAD-CAM and you will now see your machine show up when making a New Job.
Tip: If you want to set that machine up as a default. Go to the CAM Tree and right-click on "CAM Defaults". Select, "Current Settings" and select your machine from the drop-down box. Click "Save As a Default" and "OK".
Note: If it is coming from a much older version of the software, you may run into issues using it in the software. You will want to either find a new updated post processor or request a new post processor.
You can also try contacting technical support and we can run it through our Post Processor Updater to update it to the new version of the software if the post processor is new enough.